Your privacy is very important to Shiprep Management Ltd (hereby referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Shiprep’) and we are committed to protecting your privacy, Personal Data and rights in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as incorporated into national legislation. Our procedures are strictly secured when collecting information and/or Personal Data disclosed to us, either by accessing our Website or at our direct meetings or any other type of communication using alternative channels.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
Shiprep processes Personal Data as an employer, service provider, for marketing purposes and in relation with visits to this Website. For the purposes of the GDPR we act as the data controller and/or processor of your Personal Data.
Purpose Specifications And Data Collection
- Keep your Personal Data confidential
- Inform you about how and why we collect such data
- Outline your rights to exercise these rights
You can access and browse the Website without disclosing any information about yourself. If you visit our Website to read or download information, we collect and store only the following information that is automatically recognised: the date and time, the originating IP address, the domain name, the type of browser and operating system used, the URL of the referring page, the object requested and the completion status of the request.
Personal Data We Collect About You
We may collect, process, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: includes your first name, last name, date of birth, gender, country of citizenship and residence, designation, company name, country
- Professional and educational details, username and password: when registering as a job applicant
- Contact Data: includes email address, phone number and postal address
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Website and services
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences to receive emails from us and your communication preferences
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, which is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Why We Collect Personal Data
- Establish identity
- Perform necessary identity and security verifications
- Perform a contract with you
- Deliver products and services
- Improve products and services
- Process transactions and conduct business
- Recruitment purposes
- Necessary for our legitimate interests
- Provide you with information
- Cooperate with law enforcement and legal authorities, and comply with applicable laws and court orders
How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
Shiprep will only collect Personal Data that you have provided to us, through.
- Direct interactions: You may give us your name, company name, Designation, country, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, country of citizenship and residence, professional details by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you apply for our services
- Request to be considered for employment
- Create an account on our website. – IF You don’t have this then delete
- Subscribe to our service or publications – IF You don’t have this then delete
- Request marketing to be sent to you
- Give us feedback or contact us
- By using our services
How We Use Your Personal Data
Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data will vary, depending on our relationship with you and on the activity in question.
We may share Personal Data with affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, and agents in the course of providing you with our customer services.
We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data although we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We reserve the right that in the event of bankruptcy, mergers with third parties, acquisition by third parties, sale of assets, that we shall be entitled to share the Personal Data provided by you to the third party.
Promotional Offers, Advertising And Marketing
We may use your Personal Data, Technical and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you and decide which services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or registered to receive such emails from us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change Of Purpose Of Collection Of Data
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Shiprep will not share the data collected about you from the website with any third parties. However, we may share this information with law enforcement agencies, Government and regulatory bodies to meet legal and regulatory obligations.
Shiprep maintains appropriate security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities, so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Data. Our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties have limited access to your Personal Data, who will only process Personal Data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The above also apply to our disposal or destruction of Personal Data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Personal information may be stored or processed in any jurisdiction in which we, our affiliates, suppliers, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By supplying us with your data, you concent to any transfer of this information to other jurisdictions (including countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have adequacy of privacy laws).
Retention of Personal Data
Shiprep will only retain Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
We will either destroy or remove Personal Data and information when it is no longer needed.
Your Legal Rights
During the processing of your Personal Data by us, you may exercise the following rights, within the limits set out under data protection laws, including:
- Request access: allows you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction: allows you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure: allows you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing: where there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request restriction of processing: allows you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in situations where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or where you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer: transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time: where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at: email@example.com
Some of the rights set out above are subject to certain conditions and their execution may be require additional communication, investigation and/or assessment.